- Your right to privacy – we will keep your data safe.
- Your right to stop – you can instantly opt-out at any time.
- Your right to know – we will provide you, upon request, a copy of all personal data held by us.
- Your right to be forgotten – we will, on request and with the exception of those records that we are required to retain by law, delete all information held by us.
Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms. We recommend that you check theprivacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website / digital platform that you visit.
TopMedTalk, 1010 Great West Road, Brentford, TW8 9BA.
Information we collect and what we use it for:
In broad terms, we use your data for the following purposes:
- to administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest into enable us to administer any competitions or other offers/promotions which you enter into
- to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable
- for fraud screening and prevention purposes
- for record keeping purposes
- to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer
- to track your activity on our digital platforms
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences
- to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms
- to personalise and/ tailor any communications that we may send you
- for profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us
When we provide you with products or services we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, delivery address, email address, telephone number and payment details. We may also record equality monitoring details that you provide to us at the time of booking an event or service provided by us or our partners.
When you sign up with us for any event, course or business improvement programme, register to receive marketing communications from us (and/or our sponsors and partners), enter one of our competitions, fill in one of our forms (whether online or offline) or otherwise expressly provide us with your personal information, we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us and may use it to personalise and improve your experience with us, provide products and services you request from us, and carry out profiling and market research.
When you interact with us, we may also automatically collect the following information about you. This is primarily to help us better understand how you use our digital platforms to enable us to create better content and more relevant communications:
- how you have reached our digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used
- your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system
- your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information
- which videos you have watched or podcasts you have listened to and for how long
- what content you like or share
- which adverts you saw and responded to
- which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to
- your subscription status
- information collected in any forms you complete
We may also infer your country of location from the IP address you have used to access our digital platforms and we may analyse which marketing activity led to your taking specific action on our digital platforms (e.g. downloading the app).
News, offers and opportunities from us and our sponsors and partners (which we provide only with your consent or on the basis that we believe they will be of legitimate interest to you):
Your details were added either because:
- You opted in through an online subscription form
- You participated in a seminar, workshop or education programme, the terms and conditions of which contained your permission for us to keep you informed
- We telephoned you and asked for your permission to keep you informed
- Your details were accessed through a publicly available medium eg LinkedIn.
You can unsubscribe by emailing contact@topmedtalk.
Disclosure of your information:
In order to provide our products and services to you or to otherwise fulfil contractual arrangements that we have with you, we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some of the data processing activities on our behalf. These may include, for example, payment processing organisations, delivery organisations, fraud prevention and screening and credit risk management companies, and mailing houses.
We may share your data with advertising networks and/or social media platforms for the purposes of selecting and serving relevant adverts to you via those networks/platforms, and to search engine and analytics providers. You can modify your advertising preferences on these sites to prevent this if you choose not to accept this tailored approach.
We may share your data with third parties (a) if we are under a legal or regulatory duty to do so, (b) if it is necessary to do so to enforce our terms and conditions of use or other contractual rights, (c) to lawfully assist the police or security services with the prevention and detection of crime or terrorist activity, (d) where such disclosure is necessary to protect the safety or security of any persons, and/or (e) otherwise as required under applicable law.
In all instances where we disclose your information to third parties, we will ensure that your information is appropriately protected.
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called ‘cookies’ on our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
Security of information:
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We use reputable third-party providers of payment processing services to ensure all payment information is kept secure. In addition, we have security procedures in place to protect our paper-based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse, and only allow access to them when it is absolutely necessary to do so, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of the personal information contained within them.
Where a password is required to access certain areas of our digital platforms, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential. Please do not share or disclose your password to any other person.
We may monitor or record telephone calls for security purposes and to improve the quality of services that we provide to you.
Please note that for your safety and security, CCTV may be in operation in our premises.
More about your information – your rights:
You may correct or update your personal information at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or by changing your profile which can be accessed in the footer of our marketing emails. Please include your name, address and email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
We will securely retain your information for as long as is reasonably necessary and in accordance with applicable law. If you wish to submit a request that your data be deleted, please write to us at the above address. You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please write to us at the address above if you wish to exercise this right. We may charge a small fee towards the cost of administering any request you make. The current fee is £20.00.
We aim to meet high standards and so our policies and procedures are constantly under review. From time to time we may change this privacypolicy. Accordingly, we recommend that you check this page periodically in order to review the latest version.
Where to make a complaint:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Or online at: https://ico.org.uk