This vital piece deals with a variety of issues related to COVID-19; what we know and what we know we do not know:
– Similarities and differences between COIVD-19 and Aqute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
– The most useful information observed by practitioners at the bedside, conscious of the lack of Randomised Controlled Trials (RCTs) in this area
– The controversy regrading early invasive ventilation versus non-invasive ventilation
– What are the aerosolization risks?
– Pragmatic patient prioritization
– The role of anti-coagulation
– The role of continuous positive airwave pressure (CPAP) – who benefits and why?
Presented by Professor Mervyn Singer, Intensive Care Medicine at University College London.